Job Description (In-depth Explaination of Role):
Commission vs hourly pay + tips
Reports to: Store Manager
Function: The Stylist is responsible for providing superior salon services and expertly assessing the needs and wants of each client through effective communication. He/she acts as a key member of the Bishops team by participating with all efforts to create an environment that is welcoming, clean and efficient for clients and staff alike. Non-exempt position.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Provide cuts & colors with style, skill and speed
· Surpass Customer Expectations
Required knowledge and experience:
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· State cosmetology license in hair (barbering if necessary)
Deliverable Performance Expectations:
· Achieve or exceed sales goals
· Documents all sales transactions and client color waivers & color formulations
· Creatively solves problems and seeks appropriate and effective solutions
· Complete all daily tasks assigned
· Six months of experience in a fast-paced salon environment as a licensed hair technician
· High energy, proven ability to work with a broad diversity of people and work groups
· Self-starter with high standards of personal performance and integrity and positive attitude
The Key Holder is an Assistant Manager in training or an employee that is reliable and can be trusted. In addition to stylist responsibilities Key Holders are responsible for opening or closing the location on their own.
Stylist are not just responsible for performing hair services, but are also responsible for providing excellent customer service, proficiency in ACERS and keeping the shop clean and organized. Additionally, stylists must know how to operate the POS system to check in and check out and effectively answer all incoming calls within two rings. Stylists are also responsible for achieving all goals that are set for them by management.
Interview Question 1:
Do you have a current NC Cosmetology or Barber License?
Interview Question 2:
How many years of clipper cut experience do you have?
Interview Question 3:
How many years of color experience do you have?